Dr. Minisha Sood
Dr. Sood is a board-certified Endocrinologist who is highly-regarded by her peers and patients. She provides excellent comprehensive Endocrine care using her ample clinical experience, the latest research and techniques and a patient-centered approach. Dr. Sood recognizes that every patient is unique and she creates a stress-free environment to truly understand and address her patients’ individual healthcare needs.
Dr. Sood is Board certified in:
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Dr. Sood also performs:
- Endocrine Neck Ultrasound and Biopsy
Dr. Sood’s media appearances include those on NY1, CBS, WPIX11 and she has contributed to numerous news articles about various Endocrine topics including diabetes, polycystic ovary syndrome, thyroid disease and osteoporosis.
Dr. Sood has been named by her peers to Castle Connolly Top Doctors and Castle Connolly Top Doctors in the New York Metro Area in 2017 and Super Doctors® Rising Stars in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 in The New York Times Magazine. She is the recipient of the Castle Connolly Exceptional Women in Medicine Award 2017. She was also the recipient of the first Leadership Award at Lenox Hill Hospital in 2014.
Dr. Sood is an Assistant Professor at Hofstra School of Medicine.
Dr. Sood is an active member in the following professional societies:
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Endocrine Society
- American Diabetes Association
Dr. Sood’s training:
- Fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at NYU Langone Medical Center
- Residency in Internal Medicine at NYU Langone Medical Center
- Medical degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Undergraduate degree from Cornell University